Sunday, August 30, 2009

Kept in suspense

By the time I was 13 weeks pregnant with the twins, we'd already found out that I was carrying a boy baby and also most likely, a girl one. So this time, when I went for my Nuchal test (Down's test) at 13 weeks, I expected the same thing. But it was not to be. My Ob-Gyn was in a hurry as he had a lady waiting in the wings for him to catch the baby (I hear that's an awfully painful experience when the baby is ready to shoot right out and the Ob-Gyn isn't present to catch it yet) and just did what he had to do. Finding out whether it is a boy or girl isn't a necessity.

So we had to wait for a month. Two days ago, we had another appointment and waited with anticipation. Surely, this time, he would tell us. And then we could start thinking about names.

But foiled again! Not by the Ob-Gyn but by little Muffin him/herself. The first time the Ob-Gyn tried to look, he had his arm around a big lot of umbilical cord and had apparently stuffed the rest of it between his/her legs. So, the Ob-Gyn said he couldn't really tell if he was looking at cord or a little boy part. The good man decided to try another view and this time, little Muffin decided to stick his/her foot in the groin so once again, blocking the all important view.

Cheeky bugger. Packrat thinks it's a girl but I think it's a boy because of his/ her cheekiness. I say only a boy would play these sorts of tricks. Packrat asks if I've met my daughter who is the cheekiest person we know.

So, the jury is still out on that one.



Technorati Tags: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment