Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A whole load of crap

Whoever came up with the term Morning Sickness was obviously misled. It is a misnomer on a grand scale. You cannot call something morning sickness if it plagues you all your waking hours. And the only way to stop yourself from hurling, or wanting to hurl is really to just sleep. And even then, I dream about hurling.

The queasiness has been around for a couple of days, but the nausea took on new meaning yesterday when I threw up what was quite a yummy sandwich going down and feeling various shades of green through the day. The day ended with a grand hurl after dinner that reduced me into a puddle of tears on the kitchen floor wondering what had I gotten myself into.

That was followed by 12 hours of peace since Packrat insisted I go to bed and since I was tired out by the whole hurling experience, I wasn't going to fight with him. Yup, the other thing about this so called morning sickness is that it saps what energy you have in you, that isn't going toward creating that little life form in you. So, I'm not much fun to be with. It's too difficult to engage in long drawn conversations as I concentrate on keeping whatever I have in my tummy, in my tummy.

All the books say that this morning sickness will last through the first trimester and should get better after. I have my doubts. All this started when my brother, who so ominously predicted that the more I make fun of the boy, the more likely I was going to get together with the boy (he was talking about Packrat here), very confidently predicted that I looked like the type that would have severe nausea. And the next day, it hit, full force. I blame him and I don't look forward to however long this is going to go on for.

Right now, the nausea inducing list is growing in length.
1. Fishballs
2. Yong Tau Foo
3. Noodles with soup
4. Noodles with sticky, gooey gravy
5. Bean sprouts
6. Vegemite
7. Preserved sour plums
8. Water.
9. Porridge
10. Pork
11. Chicken

I'm screwed.

Technorati Tags: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment