Sunday, October 21, 2007

Weekends

I think both Packrat and I hate working right now. We see it as a necessary evil but we hate it. This is because, we miss our kids. Granted, both of us have agreed that we aren't the type of parents that are super hands on, the type that are not willing to allow anyone to do anything for the kids. We're realistic. We have two. If we practised that, we would probably kiss the marriage and our sanity bye bye.

Having said that, we do love spending time with our kids and I think we live for weekends now when we get to spend as much time as we want with them. Here's what we did this weekend.

First, we just hung out and chilled in bed till they got bored. So I decided it was time I had a photograph of myself carrying the both of them before they got too heavy, which will be soon.

2 at a time

Not the nicest photograph but I get a kick out of seeing Jordan's foot in my pocket.

Even though they are twins and shared a womb for 9 months and a week, they are like ships in the night. So we try and put them together and let them discover one another. And it is heartwarming when they cuddle up like that, even if they're not aware of what they're doing.

siblings Tan

I often growl at Packrat for WoWing, especially now with the kids. And since he used to read to them in my belly, I suggested he continue the habit. His willing listener was Jordan who loves people talking to her. At the same time, she has a penchant for voices of lower timbre so she was a riveted audience while Packrat read.

tell me a story

Because it was a Saturday afternoon, what else to do but to pass out. I walked into the room and saw this.
sleeping

The first thing that popped into my mind, "how deep a father's love!" Tiny baby taking up the whole of the king sized bed while Daddy is relegated to dozing on the chair for fear of waking her.

Usually we try to go to church but we haven't gone for a while because it's quite hard to mobilise the entire family unit in time for service. But I had decided yesterday, enough was enough. I wanted to go to church so when all were awake and ready to go, we all trouped off, only about 15 minutes late which is quite a feat! Going to church usually means hanging out in the creche and half listening to the sermon over the voices of screaming babies. But we get a great amount of peace going to church and the kids are generally well behaved. We suspect it's because it's cold like the Arctic and both babies have polar bear mentalities inherited from both parents. Better cold than hot I say. Plus going to church allows us to dress up the kids.

Denim Evan

Evan, in denim and Jordan in a Dora the Explorer dress but I have no pictures of her because she was strapped onto me, asleep and her dress was hidden in the sling. Tomorrow's Monday and all I can say is Poo. At least the holidays are coming.

Technorati Tags: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment