Thursday, January 11, 2007

First past the hurdle

I've been wondering for a very long time what would be a good time to actually reveal this blog and let the world know that I'm knocked up. There have been many times where I've been tempted to put an official link on my other blog and see how many people accidentally chance upon it. But I've always managed to dissuade myself from doing it. Part of the reason is because, like the good doctor kept warning us, the first trimester is the most dangerous time where the embryo (it's still considered an embryo at that point) can abruptly stop developing. It is why miscarriages are most prevalent in the first 12 odd weeks. So, because of that, we decided to wait. To wait till it gets relatively safer.

I still hesitate because it's never going to be fully safe till I hold the babe in my arms but then again and even then, things can (I hope to God they don't) still go wrong. But then again, because of the same uncertainty, I know that if I keep putting it off till it's fully confirmed that we're going to become parents, this blog will never go public. The kids could grow up, go to school, get married, have their own children and I could still possibly hesitate.

I eventually rationalized, rather than let the neurotic in me rule the day, I've decided enough is enough and we've told enough people already that it makes no sense to keep it a cyber secret. So here it is, the big life altering secret, 13 weeks and 2 days later...

:)

Technorati Tags: ,

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I've been lurking on your main blog for the longest time, and boy was I glad to see that you are "knocked up". How's the nausea? Try this - take tiny meals and don't allow yourself to get hungry. It kicks in when you are hungry, and makes it worse. Pregnancy is a great excuse to eat!Check out my blog for lots of comments on pregnancy and child-rearing... I'm so happy for you cos I feel like I already know you! LOL! btw, if you check my blog, you'll know I'm a mother of 3, and recently resigned teacher... heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yah, and I was just wondering... exactly how many bun"s" do you have in the oven? It seems you are hinting (or inadvertently let the cat out of the bag) that there are more than one... probably accounts for the severe nausea though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! :)

    I've been reading your blog (other one) for a while now.

    lys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay!!! bigger and better CNYs! :) have to try and bug my sis now... ;)

    in the meantime, i think these nursery rhymes beat roald dahl right now!

    http://www.thislittlepiggywenttoprada.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/story/story.asp?stid=29938&date=&sid=

    eh. :)

    ReplyDelete