Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Modesty outraged

Everyone warned me that it was going to happen but for the last 5 months, it hasn't. Until today. When someone I hardly knew and had always felt creeped out about when I had to speak to her came up to me from the back and rubbed my belly!

I mean, HELLO!!!! One doesn't go up to a stranger and rub their relatively flat belly, so why do that to a pregnant woman that you hardly know??

Not cool.

And it wasn't a touch on the belly, it was a rub. Does she expect to get luck from it like Aladdin and his lamp? Or change the sex of the baby according to her preference?

Then, there was this other lady who came up to me and gave me the once over and went, in the most nasal of voices "Wah, getting obvious ah!"

Seriously, rude.

Now, I'm taking my bump out of here into the civilised bowels of well, anywhere but here.

Addition- 22 Feb 2007: Even though I'm still perturbed about having strangers rub my belly, I found out that it could actually be worse. A woman fell prostrate in front of my pregnant sister in law and worshipped her belly because she was carrying a boy and this woman desperately wanted a boy baby. Ok, that tops everything on the weird chart. Seriously.

Technorati Tags: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment