Saturday, December 15, 2007

#409th way of using breastmilk


When I was young, my mom told me never to waste food because of all the starving people in the world. When I was growing up, I didn't really care but I gradually did as I grew older.

And when I needed to dump freshly expressed milk, I felt the same guilt, knowing that there were starving infants in the world and I was dumping good and fresh milk. I couldn't bring it back like I did from Bali. I tried expressing in the shower but that took too long and that whole guilt thing surfaced again because I had to keep the water running.

Add to that was the fact that being in sunny Phuket and spending all day in the ocean meant sunburn and I hate sun burn. Get quite miserable with the sunburn. So then Packrat came up with an inspired idea. Instead of dumping the milk, instead of getting sun burn, instead of wasting a jolly decent looking outdoor bath, I should run the bath and create a milk bath like they do at the spas and charge exorbitant amounts of money for and soak in it.

And I did. It gives a whole new meaning to swimming in milk but it sure felt good and my skin hasn't been in better condition. All I needed to do after soaking in it was shower off with water and there wasn't any danger of me walking around smelling like my own milk.

Gold star for Packrat and his inspired idea!

Technorati Tags: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment