Thursday, May 01, 2008

Here's looking at you babe

The one thing I hope to pass to my children is my mega watt "don't mess with me" look which is often translated into what is known affectionately known as the Ng look. Since the birth of the twins, everyone has remarked how much they look like Packrat's side of the family.

On an irrational level, I feel rather slighted. I mean, after all, I was only the one who contributed half of their DNA and I was the one who waddled around with them for 9 months in-utero. And the insinuation that follows is often because I'm a girl and my genes don't count cause me to want to kick people in the shins.



























We managed to take these photos over the weekend and it's allayed my insecurities a little bit. Only the Ng-ness in them could cause them to give such looks. The look that says, "I may be small, but don't mess with me. I will bite you with what teeth I have and all my gum". When it was shown to me, Packrat said rather disapprovingly, "oh no, they have that look" but my reaction was one of sheer joy. My children, finally displaying a trait that is me and only me. Hurrah!

Postscript- There is a Peranakan term for the way Jordan looks. It's called "Jer-ling". That's my little Nonya Anak.

0 comments:

Post a Comment