Monday, June 30, 2008

The boy who cried wolf

The twins are at the point where the mimic and copy everyone doing everything. From yawning to waving to pretending to talk. Their favourite way of mocking us is to cough when we cough or choke. And they do it pretty convincingly and they do it pretty often too because they seem to get a kick out of it.

On my birthday, I told everyone that my son gave me the best present by keeping me up with a fever. It went away after that so I wasn't too perturbed although I was keeping an eye out for a recurrent fever or any other symptoms. I thought we were in the clear though his nose sounded a little bit congested. Even that, I wasn't sure because it only happened when he was sleeping and the boy snores!

Until yesterday morning when I heard clearly a phlegmy cough. And it was a full blown one too. Now, am I a bad mommy that missed the fact that the boy had been coughing all this time since a phlegmy cough does not materialise overnight? I blame myself a little bit but mostly, I'm 'tsk-ing' him about it. I blame his new trick of mocking our coughing. All through the week, he's been coughing but no one knew whether it was pretend cough or real cough.

And even now, after he hacks up what sounds like a hunk of phlegm, he looks at us and grins almost saying "fooled ya!" Well, if he needs meds and complains, them's the breaks for him.


Technorati Tags: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment