Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Birthday to all

The difference between the twins' and my birthday is a day.

I'm all nostalgic today because I went into labour exactly one year ago today. Well, later tonight would be exactly a year.

And the best present I got was a video Packrat made for me on behalf of the twins. I got to admire how much they've changed and grown over the year and got teary at everything else.

So here's the video of my first year as a mommy, the twins' first year of life and what I've been doing between last birthday and today.



And here are the lyrics to follow. According to my sweet Packrat, that's what the twins would tell me if they could talk. And since they can't, Daddy's said it on their behalf. Actually, Sarah McLachlan...

Every time I look at you the world just melts away
All my troubles all my fears dissolve in your affections
You've seen me at my weakest but you take me as I am
And when I fall you offer me a softer place to land

You stay the course you hold the line you keep it all together
You're the one true thing I know I can believe in
You're all the things that I desire, you save me, you complete me
You're the one true thing I know I can believe

I get mad so easy but you give me room to breathe
No matter what I say or do 'cause you're to good to fight about it
Even when I have to push just to see how far you'll go
You wont stoop down to battle but you never turn to go


Your love is just the antidote when nothing else will cure me
There are times I cant decide when I cant tell up from down
You make me feel less crazy when otherwise I'd drown
But you pick me up and brush me off and tell me I'm OK
Sometimes thats just what we need to get us through the day




According to Olie, the video goes very fast so try not to blink or you might miss some pictures.


Technorati Tags: ,

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey :D I read ur blog occasionally (trying not to sound like i am an avid reader), and i think this post is very very sweet. Happy birthday to you! :D
    and happy birthday to the twins being one year of age.
    Hey, you know, I think you are a someone that can really set out to inspire others- including your kids too!
    'Pour a bucket of blood to inspire a drop'
    something like that.
    PS: cg 28/07 is doing fine- good piece of news! everyone got As for PW. (you kinda started it out for us, so thanks. thanks for helping us clinch that As? no. but thanks for helping us in everyway, coming down to class, climbing up stars, holding on to the heavy laptop, and the twins growing bigger each time, your feet getting torn down by all the weight, your back breaking. thanks for the effort!)

    ReplyDelete