Thursday, February 12, 2009

Baked goods

Apparently the way to a reticient child's heart is through baked goods. Jordan who has been crying quite a bit in school because she really doesn't like being left there by Mommy was quite happily distracted stirring batter and adding sprinkles and choc chips into the mixture.

This was to celebrate Valentine's Day. The kids stirred the batter, dumped the batter into cake tins and then when it was baked, used a cookie cutter to cut it into hearts for their parents.















It looked like they had fun. It looked like something I should do with them at home. The last time we made muffins, they put the muffin cups into the tray. After that, Packrat gave up because that endeavour took them 10 minutes. But I'm inclined to try it again at some point, seeing that they had fun and Packrat lurves butter cake.

I think gradually school is becoming a fun place for them. The morning histrionics are still quite a sight to behold but I hear they get better when I leave. That makes me feel a little bit less of a rat, but there is still some element of rodent there that hasn't been banished.

Technorati Tags: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment