Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love is in the air

Now that the kids are no longer alien and squeamish about paint, I decided that it was time they spend some time mucking around with colours and materials. Since Valentine's Day was round the corner, I went to get some art supplies so that we could hopefully fashion something out of their mucking around.

I found a design I liked online. It looked easy enough to replicate. Unfortunately, it didn't account for the squirmy uncooperative hands of 19 month olds and their penchant for smearing glitter all over the place and uncreative me trying to make something presentable out of it.

This is the outcome. I think they look more like squished kidneys than anything. Unlike my brother, Packrat or my mom and sister-in-law, I have zero inclination toward art. I liked mucking around but had no sense of it. In fact, one of my best friends and I were about the only two people in our class that failed at an art exam where we had to paint a papaya.










































One for Papa, of course. One for Ah Ma and Ah Gong. One for Godmama who received hers with much glee yesterday and one for Godpa Mark because he was lamenting the fact that our mom no longer had time to send her children Valentine's Day cards.

Evan's adventure with the cards lasted longer than Jordan's. Not only did he print his fists on it, he came with me to the post office, stuck the stamp on the envelope for Godmama's card and dumped the card into the post box, clapping his hands full of glee and accomplishment.

Me? I'm just glad that Valentine's Day is once a year, although there's also Mothers' Day and Fathers' Day and all the birthdays. I think by the time I make the next card, I would have found all the stray tinsel and gotten it out of the places it shouldn't have been to begin with.

Technorati Tags: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment