Monday, March 19, 2007

Pink or blue?

In the recent weeks, I've been inundated with people asking me if I'm carrying a boy or a girl offspring. To those that I didn't want to tell, I've successfully dodged the question by going on a long rant about the uncooperativeness of the offspring.

The problem is that I think people need to know. So, irritated that I haven't said anything they've resorted to guessing.

I've been told that I've grown uglier- therefore it is a boy or a girl depending on which old wives' tale you listen to. Some say carrying a girl makes you ugly because the girl takes all your "pretty" hormones. Some say it's a boy because he's taking you down with him, what with all that testosterone swimming around in the body.

I've been told my nose has grown larger and redder. Somewhat Rudolph like (the reindeer, not the former mayor of New York). - Therefore, it is a boy.

My bump has been scrutinised from all angles and some claim that I'm large and all over the place- Girl- and others claim I'm "neatly packed" and sharp- Boy.

So, at the end of the day, no one's any wiser. But I must add, from the point of view of a hormonal, whether it's testosterone or whatever not hormone, pregnant woman, being told I'm ugly, have a large red nose and having my belly scrutinised like a piece of meat isn't exactly going to score you many brownie points with me. And if I'm not loving you all that much, why would I tell you whether my offspring is a boy or a girl?

Incidentally, we do know. Ask nicely and we might tell you.

Technorati Tags: ,

2 comments:

  1. what?! being told that you're "ugly"? Tell them to f--- off!

    dont they know anything about being pregnant? From the 2nd tri onwards, you're supposed to have that "glow"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I glowed for my first pregnancy, and looked quite horrid for my second. Both time I was pregnant with girls.
    Hiak.

    ReplyDelete