Friday, November 16, 2007

Love... Much.

More indulgent photos and videos of Evan. :)

There's no sound to the video. Not because it recorded mute but because the boy was so caught upwith being suspended by the Jumperoo and that he could move around freely that he forgot he had a voice.



It's not rotated and I really need a better video camera.

The both of them have become much more aware of their surroundings in the last week and have realised that they actually have the ability to touch, bite, grab and possibly attack what they have. This has helped them physiologically and spatially. People often talk about it being such a milestone that their child can roll over, I think for me, it was more thrilling when they could grab stuff and play with it. The rolling over just looked like an accident the first time it happened, like at the end of Evan's little video clip of him complaining.

But when I see Evan grab his toy and refuse to let it go, gum all the bits of the toy, I get a little thrill.

Firefly..mine

He looks like he knows that I'm looking at him and he's got the "what's up?" look on his face and I love it.

I also love it when I watch him try to sit up. The problem with being the younger twin is that many around him, especially the older generation , tend to compare him with his sister. Even though J is smaller and lighter, developmentally, she's always been a little bit ahead which according to many is by simple virtue of her being a girl. Anyway, because of that, if I had 10 cents for everytime I heard "your sister was doing this last week, how come you're still not doing it?", I'd be able to afford my first Manolo Blahniks shoes and Tod's bag. I feel bad for him because he's already the youngest twin going to live in his sister's shadow, a really tiny one but a shadow nonetheless.

So this morning, I was extremely proud of the fact that while sitting up, I could let go of him and before tumbling over, he sat up for about 2 seconds. It's not much but it's a start. It also helped that his toys were out of reach so he's had to wriggle over with his butt stcking out in the air.

Trying to sit up...

Sometimes, I get annoyed at Packrat because he gets to leave the house early in the morning and when he comes home, he plays with the kids a little bit and then goes off to do his own thing. It's not that he isn't involved or is a detached father. It's just that he still gets most of his life to himself and I feel guilty when I lock myself in my room to express, surf, take a nap or heaven forbid, read. Worse if I go out because I need to be home in 3 to 4 hours just so that my boobs don't explode on me. All this makes me growl and feel resentful at times, especially when I rationalise how ridiculous it is to feel guilty about locking myself in the room to express since it's technically baby work as well. Then I get resentful that even the times when I'm alone, I'm not doing things for myself. Then I think some more and my brain, along with my boobs feel like they're going to blow up. But then, when I see this sight in the mornings, when Packrat has time and gallantly takes the kid off my hands so that I can get that extra hour of sleep, I thank my stars and have an "awwwwww..." moment. I managed to snap this photo before falling back asleep and it was well worth the stagger out of bed to get the camera.

Evan and daddy

Hmm, now that I've spent all this time talking about Evan, I need to do the same for Jordan. This merry-go-round never ends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment