Friday, March 25, 2011

When I grow up, I will be a...

Since I did a series on the twins, I figured I should do a series on Muffin. He is coming into his own nicely; developing a fiesty personality that is disguised by an easy grin.

We were at a class to prepare him for baptism recently and the speaker was describing research where parents (both Asian and Caucasian) were asked what were their dreams for their children. The Caucasian parents all wanted their children to be happy. The Asian parents all listed vocations. They dreamt for the children to be doctors, engineers, lawyers, architects etc. Very Tiger Mom I imagine.

Anyway, in the spirit of that, I've decided that I should do one of the 7 most likely professions Muffin will end up doing. Well, actually, I don't know and I don't really care but I think it will be funny to follow him around and see how much I can over-read his antics and translate them into lofty career dreams for him.

We start with him being an engineer. I never really thought of an engineer as a dream job. I didn't know parents wished it upon their children. Anyway, now I know. And perhaps, my son might grow up as son, seeing his affinity for building blocks. Or is that him being an architect? Although I have heard, it is quite difficult to make a quick and big buck being an architect.



He is also an impatient and intimidating one, constantly growling and threatening the 'evil' blocks that don't seem to want to do his bidding.

Even if he doesn't become an engineer or an architect, at least I know he'll have fun with Lego.


Technorati Tags: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment