Saturday, July 06, 2013

Saturday Snapshot: Fruit glorious fruit

Cherries are in season.

But I balk at the price of cherries here (averaging $20 (Turkey ones) to $40 (US/ Rainer ones), especially having been in the US in summer and street side carts sell them for $4/ lb.

So I got it in my head to go to the Pasir Panjang Wholesale Market this morning.

We brought JED and they loved the varieties of fruit, some they had never seen before like bananas as long as their arm, jackfruits half their height and the more common ones but all contributing to a wonderful cacophony of colour. 

 The temptation was so great to buy more than just the cherries. But even if I wanted to, I couldn't store 90 extra large New Zealand Rose Apples in my house, nor could I 60 extra large Australian oranges.

Muffin proudly showed off his fruit vocabulary in Chinese. Evan went in search of giant coconuts and Jordan just wanted to touch all the pretty pretty fruit!

Look Mommy, 苹果!

We wanted that box of oranges!

The 橙 is cold!

Pretty pretty Rainer cherries

So, we made off with 5 kg of Rainer cherries to be split with a friend, 6 large apples, 6 large oranges and 6 large pears!

I think we've got our fruit intake for the week set.

Wee

Technorati Tags: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment