Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sausages

I no longer wear a wedding ring. I guess I will settle for people speculating about whether I am a single mom. I don't care. I could wear the ring I guess, if I wanted to, but it would be at the expense of my finger turning black and falling off because there's no circulation to it.

In other words, my fingers have swelled. So have my feet, so much so that I need to switch to going to work in slippers but I don't think the management would allow me to do that. The swelling's not all that obvious except to me since my feet feel heavy and well, my ring feels like it's strangling my finger.

This is just yet another addition to the already long list of weird things that I'm experiencing. I snapped rather rudely and then was rather contrite about it, when at high noon, in a non-air conditioned coffee shop, my in laws, as a sign of affection put their hand on me. No cannot! No physical affection, no more heat added to the amount of exothermic energy that I'm producing.

And it's only 24 weeks. My sister-in-law ominously warned that at 30 weeks I'd feel even more cranky and weird I'm not looking forward to it all that much. As is, I'm contending with painful boobs, leg cramps that strike at the most inopportune moment, indigestion, occasional nausea- still, weird dreams, sciatica (nerve pains in the lower back and leg), dizziness (if there were after shocks from earthquakes now, I'd think nothing of it)... the works. Now, the swollen extremities and the ability to heat a cup of water with nothing more than my bare hands. What joy.

And apparently, this is the easy bit, before the offspring become more than just the occasional kick, squirm and hiccup. And I can't complain because I knowingly signed up for it.

Technorati Tags: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment