Sunday, June 20, 2010

An Interview with the kids

Jordan, Evan and Dylan Tan are the 3 children of Packrat and Ondine Tan. As we come round to Father's Day, we talk to these three children about their Papa. After all, it is a day where children are supposed to honour and remember what their father has done for them.


















Question: What is the one special thing that Papa does with you?

Jordan: Papa will find me ballet dancer videos on Youtube. Then he will try to show me the steps so that I can dance to the music even though he looks funny dancing!
Evan: Papa lets me drive his car and is teaching me to recognise all the different cars out there. I like the VW, the BMW and the one with 4 circles. Audi. And oh! Papa drives a Subaru.
Dylan: Papa plays aeroplane with me and lets me fly before I can even walk.























Question: How does Papa make you feel safe?

J: Papa carries me and rocks me to sleep when I have nightmares.
E: Papa covers my ears when there is thunder and will sleep with me to make sure my ears remain covered.
D: Papa cradles me to his chest and when he does that, it makes me feel warm and toasty and I fall asleep very fast.

















Question: How do you know that Papa is not pleased with you?

J: Papa will ask me to stop to stop bugging Evan or to listen to Mommy. He will ignore me when I cry and when I cry even louder, he will make me stand in the naughty corner. Note to self: crying does not work with Papa, or for that matter, Mommy.
E: Papa will tell me to stop being naughty. If I insist (which I usually do), he will warn me that being naughty has consequences (I don't know what that means so I usually just stick with what I know). That usually lands me in Mommy's walk-in wardrobe with him.
D: I am too cute for Papa to get annoyed with me.

Question: What do you look forward to most of all when Papa comes home from work?

J: Papa will watch Vegetales or Horton Hears a Whoo or Pixar Short Films with me no matter how tired he is. When he rests his eyes for too long and is missing too much on tv, I will shout loudly for him to wake up.
E: Papa will bathe me and let me play with the rain shower.
D: Papa will play with me and make funny sounds even when he is tired.



















Question: When is the best time to hang out with Papa?

J: On the weekends because Papa will take Evan and I out for breakfast or to the park to feed the fish.
E: Bedtime because Papa will read to us and he will do it in funny voices.
D: When Papa first wakes up and he is still sleepy and I get to sit on his chest.




















Question: Why do you love Papa?

J: Because he cuddles me and kisses me all the time.
E: Because he says silly things to me like saying that Mommy's name is Cocopops!
D: Because he is big and strong and can carry me till the cows come home.

Question: Before we wrap up this interview, could you wish your Papa, loudly, a Happy Father's Day?




Muffin doesn't appear in the video because he got very fussy waiting for his brother and sister to get into character and get their act together. This took 5 takes to get right.


Technorati Tags: , ,

2 comments:

  1. J, E and D are so cute. Consistently cute so I dare say it's in their genes. They will all grow up to be a handsome brood. They look lovely as a team and reading this post kinda makes all the frustrations of not having a proper June vacation, the running around and taking care of sick children all worth it.
    My knowledge is all textbook/ blog based. One day in the near future,
    I will share your pain and joy!

    ReplyDelete