2008 will be remembered as the kids' first year and therefore there have been many firsts for us, both good and bad.
- We took them on vacation the for the very first time and are now dreaming of taking them further and more exotic. Actually more temperate. But we need more reinforcements. 2 parents and 2 kids will mean nothing much gets done. Anyone want to go on vacation?
- The twins learnt how to walk, run and show how much they love their parents and all around them. What else can one ask to come home to?
- Both Packrat and I have officially crossed from the Pre-PTSD Zone to the We are No Longer Afraid of Our Kids Zone. That said, it doesn't mean we're hankering to have another kid.
- We have discovered that we don't really need domestic helpers to help us care for our children. We have done it on our own and on occasion, I've done it on my own although mealtimes are still a little bit of a problem. But it's a great revelation because we always thought we'd be stuck without a helper. Turns out, everyone else was right. When the occasion calls for it, we WILL rise to it.
- We are slowly teaching the twins to speak with hilarious outcomes that easily become the highlight of the day. Two days ago, we taught Baby J to string together a 3 word sentence. Of course, there weren't auxillary verbs, 1st person pronouns of any sort but still, "Papa ball please" is quite impressive.
- We learnt first hand that domestic help can create trouble fit for soap operas. And because of that, we learnt how to fire employees. By extension of that, we learnt how to be parents first and humans second.
- We spent early mornings in Paediatrics Emergency Wards. Not something any parent wants to ever have to go through.
- Our kids have learnt to fight.
- Our kids' carers show obvious preferences for one child over another.
- Baby J has learnt fear. She is no officially afraid of dogs, cats, lizards, spiders, fruit flies, flies, pirates and the list grows longer everyday.
Happy New Year everyone!
Technorati Tags: babies, New Year