Friday, October 22, 2010

First Steps

I am both filled with pride and wistfulness at the same time.

My baby has discovered his legs can take him places. Of course, at this point, he needs a walking aid but generally speaking, the baby is mobile.



I feel wistful because it was only a couple of months ago when he was a little big-eyed baby that cooed and smiled at everything.

Now, he's becoming a little toddler in his own right.

His personality is showing through. Underneath the cheery exterior lies a tough, stubborn boy who has a mind of his own. Who will not cry but screech in anger when not allowed to do whatever he wants. He is also focussed and shows remarkable concentration for an 8 1/2 month old.

I am proud of my little Muffin. But I cannot help but wonder where my little baby boy disappeared to?

Thankfully, the perpetual state of exhaustion and often exasperation that the 3 keep me in is enough for me to from being so wistful that I would jump at the opportunity of having yet another baby.

I haven't recovered from the sleepless nights of this one!

Technorati Tags: ,

2 comments:

  1. I love Muffin! Need to see him soon, 3 teeth and the walking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Godma! Otherwise the next time you see him, he'll be graduating for college or getting married! :)

    ReplyDelete